Friday, July 3, 2009

SLS Free



I recently had the opportunity to try out new hair care products.  I don't have issues with my hair except occasional dry scalp.  Other than that, my hair is healthy, black and shinny.  I also just learned that Sodium Lauryl Sulfate  (SLS) and Sodium Laurenth Sulfate (SLES) are commonly used in shampoos, detergents, soaps and other form of products that we expect to "foam up".  These ingredients are cheap and are dangerous at the same time.  Since i learned about it, i tried to stay away from those products.  To explain further, you might wonder why it is harmful.  SLS found in shampoos are exactly the same as the ones you would find in a car wash or even a garage, where it is used to degrease car engines.  In the same way as it dissolves the grease on car engines, SLS also dissolves oils on your skin, which can cause a drying effect.  For more details about SLS, you can google it.

Then i came across the John Masters Organics Shampoo and Conditioner to be free from these harmful ingredients.  I bought the Lavender Rosemary Shampoo for normal hair and rosemary & peppermint detangler for conditioning.

When i first used it, i was not surprised that i shampoo smells really good.  The lavender scent makes bathing relaxing.  The shampoo does not produce suds.  Again, i was not surprised since the product is SLS free.  The conditioner also smells so good.  I have no issues with it because i am used to conditioners being not to produce suds.  I continued to use it and still am, i feel like i have a love-hate relationship with the shampoo.  I feel like it does not clean my hair since it does not lather at all.  My scalp has dried and even worse than before.  But i am giving it a chance for me to get used to it.  I will have to finish the bottle and see if i love it or hate it.  For now, i am confident that i am not damaging anything because of being careful with harmful ingredients.  

My Thoughts:  As soon as my first bottles of each shampoo and conditioner, i think i will try the ones for dry hair.  I really don't have any other issues except my complain for dry scalp.  

1 comments on "SLS Free"

Nenette on July 6, 2009 at 5:56 AM said...

nice info about shampoo...

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers

Leave Your Message

Readers

   
 

Tiffany Blue Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez